Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome to our blog for Sophia!!!

Hello and welcome to our blog! We are Alec and Julie Klein and we have two beautiful daughters from China and are waiting for our third! We adopted our first daughter, Olivia Wu Han, on November 18, 2002 from the Jingdezhen SWI in the province of Jiangxi in China. She was born on March 9, 2002 and was 8 months when she was placed in my arms for the first time. Ever since the beginning, I knew that I would adopt a second daughter from China and a sister for Olivia. Well, I then began the paperchase just 6 months after coming home from China in June 2003 to bring home Livie's sister. I was LID for Chloe just after Livie's 1 year adoption day on November 20, 2003. I then waitied 7 months and received my referral for Chloe Li Quan. Chloe was born on August 27, 2003 and was residing in the Huangmei SWI in the province of Hubei. We were united with our daughter on August 1, 2004 and Chloe had just turned 11 months.

I then thought that our family was complete, however Alec had other intentions. After we had been home for about 2 months with Chloe, Alec asked me, "when are we starting the paperchase for our 3rd daughter?!" So.... once again, we began the paperchase in April 2005 for Livie and Chlo's youngest (and most likely last) sister. We have received a LID of August 11, 2005, which is just a little over a year after Chloe's adoption. However, unfortinatley the wait for referrals has DRASTICALLY increased and we are still waiting for Sophia's referral. We have been logged in for over 14 months now and we are VERY anxious to see Sophie's precious face. We are expecting our referral within the next few weeks. We are hoping for next week!

Olivia, 4 1/2, and Chloe, 3, have kept me very busy during this wait for their baby sister. With me working part time and running the girls to preschool and daycare, it has been very hectic. However, my last day of work is Halloween and then I am taking off for a few years to be with the girls. I am very excited about that. I am going to be an adoptive representative in our area through our agency (CCAI) and I can do that from home and is very part time. I'm extremely excited about it.

I hope to be posting some information about Sophie in the next few days. Thanks for following along in our blog!

-Julie K.

No comments: